New Online Portal for Personal Auto Policy Quotes & Purchase
San Jose, CA - June 25, 2009 - ISCS, a leading provider of P&C policy administration systems, is pleased to announce its new Web 2.0 state-of-the-art direct-to-consumer (DTC) personal auto policy quoting, purchase, and issuance product as an addition to the standard feature set of SurePower Innovation, ISCS's comprehensive SOA insurance automation solution.
ISCS's property and casualty insurance company clients rely on ISCS to automate critical business processes, from underwriting to billing-and more. The SurePower Innovation customer base is growing steadily, due in part, to ISCS's commitment to continual product development and how the results address today's market needs, such as DTC capabilities.
Key Benefits to Carriers:
Quickly Roll out Web Applications for DTC Insurance Quoting and Purchasing:
Insurance carriers and MGAs can fully automate..
- Online quoting
- Online sales
- Consumer self-service
- Analytics, whether use of Google, server-side, and/or other stat packages, including testing variations with A-B and multivariate analysis to optimize sales success
ISCS's Online Insurance Purchasing & Self-Service Portal
enables insurance carriers to...
- Build very specific portals for individual market segments, such as affinity groups
- Vary subsequent questions asked based on answers a particular consumer gives
- Include Web services such as geo-coding that enable consumers to select an agent close to their home
- Lower costs and increase customer satisfaction by providing online, printable documents, including declaration pages, policies, and insurance cards
- Optionally, provide online help during the quote process using live chat technology
- Build loyalty and relationships by easily applying the carrier's corporate branding and matching its website "look and feel"
The Customer-Centric Development Process includes
testing with actual target customers in their home settings and with focus groups.
This real-world testing method optimizes...
- The logical default choices and number of defaults for the form fields
- "Carry forward" of information and ability to "backtrack" and make corrections
- Consumer understanding of form label language
- Question order and grouping
- "Save Progress" and "Save Quote" features to return to a partial application
(e.g. to return to purchase the policy after consulting with a spouse).
On the development, Andy Scurto, president of ISCS, noted, "We also looked at what Geico, Progressive and others in the industry were doing and tested whether "razzle-dazzle" programming helped or hurt the consumer experience. At times, less was more effective."
Myron Meier, ISCS vice president Product Development, said, "Without compromising security, we used modern user-friendly Web 2.0 techniques for this product, writing it in Adobe Flex coupled with cloud computing services for address verification, VIN look-up, mapping and best agent selection. This structure is inherently ready for future Web services that the tech industry will develop. Optionally, the ability to deploy the product using cloud computing capacity provides almost instant scalability to cost-effectively match variable customer traffic without adding more internal IT infrastructure that will sit idle much of the time."
Benefit from Pre-integrated Insurance Automation: While the standards-based offering easily integrates with third-party systems, it complements ISCS's automation of commercial package policies, business owners' policies (BOP), commercial auto, personal auto, homeowners and umbrella. ISCS's SurePower Innovation provides administration and IT efficiencies, easy cross-company reporting, and enforcement of consistent company requirements- across all lines and products.
# # #
About ISCS, Inc.
San Jose, Calif.-based ISCS offers SurePower Innovation®, an SOA, Web-based enterprise insurance automation system that includes personal, commercial, and specialty lines with functionality that includes underwriting, policy management, claims management, reinsurance, customer billing/remittance processing and financial reporting, all with integrated document management. The system also includes a rules-based data warehouse and document imaging client tool for bulk indexing and LDAP-standards security.
For more information contact Phil Kiekhaefer, director of marketing and usability for ISCS, at 1-800-901-ISCS or email@example.com.